Omega: A Pioneering and Sporting Spirit
Omega has created a legacy in time keeping through its pioneering and sporting spirit as well as big name endorsements. The watch company has been responsible for many well known sporting events including 24 years of timekeeping for the Olympics. In addition, Omega has been involved in every manned Gemini and Apollo mission. These organizations look to Omega because of its state-of-the-art technology and precision.
There are many innovations over the years from Omega that have changed the watch industry ever since. Below are just a few of the advances the watchmaker is known for:
- Liquid Metal - The Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Liquidmetal is the first watch to mix ceramics and alloy to create a watch that "will retain its appearance forever."
- Silicon Balance Spring - The balance spring is like the heart beat of the watch, maintaining precision and consistency. Silicon is a non magnetic material and is shock resistant allowing it to stay accurate for up to four years.
- Co-Axial Escapement - While how this technically works is like reading a foreign language, the benefits of this technology can be easily understood. The Co-Axial escapement was an innovation designed to replace the old Swiss Lever escapement in order to reduce maintenance, and conserve energy. This ensures more stable precision for longer.
Omega: Seamaster 300 M Chronometer Mens Watch
This Omega Seamaster 300 M Chronometer Mens watch features:
- - 41.5mm stainless steel case
- - black dial with luminous index hour markers and hands
- - anti-reflective scratch-resistant sapphire crystal
- - fixed bezel and a black leather strap with deployment clasp.
This Omega Seamaster 300 M Chronometer Mens watch also features automatic self-winding movement, Omega 1120 calibre, COSC certified chronometer, 44-hour power reserve, and date display at the 3 o’clock position. This watch is >water resistant 300 meters / 1,000 feet.
Omega: Seamaster Aqua Terra Chronometer
This Seamaster Aqua Terra Chronometer features:
- - diameter: 41.5 mm
- - crystal domed scratch-resistant sapphire crystal
- - anti-reflective treatment on both sides
- - a red gold case, dial teck-grey
- - water resistance 150 m (500 feet)
This Omega Seamaster also features self-winding movement with co-axial escapement for greater precision stability and durability, free sprung-balance, 2 barrels mounted in series, automatic winding in both directions to reduce winding time. This watch has oscillating mass and balance bridge in red gold and a luxury finish with exclusive Geneva waves in arabesque. Power reserve: 60 hours
Other Omega Watches
Omega: Speedmaster Broad Arrow Rattrapante
This Speedmaster Broad Arrow Rattrapante features:
- - crystal domed anti-reflective
- - scratch-resistant sapphire crystal
- - case steel dial black
- - water resistance 100 m (330 feet)
- - diameter: 44.25 mm
This Omega Speedmaster self-winding chronograph movement with column wheel mechanism and co-axial escapement for greater precision stability and durability of the movement. Free sprung balance, with date, hour-, minute- and continuous small seconds-hands, central chronograph hand. Power reserve: 52 hours.